And in other news today...
Cause Of Death: Stupidity
Kent Man Killed By Exploding Lava Lamp
November 29, 2004
By KOMO Staff & News Services
KENT - A 24-year-old man who placed a lava lamp on a hot stovetop was killed when it exploded and sent a shard of glass into his heart, police said.
"Why on earth he was heating a lava lamp on the stove, we don't know," Kent Police spokesman Paul Petersen said Monday.
Phillip Quinn's parents found his body in his Kent trailer home at about 8 p.m. Sunday. They went to check on him after his girlfriend reported that she couldn't get in touch with him.
The King County Medical Examiner's office estimated the time of his death at 2 p.m. Sunday.
After the lamp exploded, Quinn apparently stumbled into his bedroom, where he died, Petersen said.
Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use. LINK
Too bad Phillip didn't google Lava Lamp and Danger:
Like the ocean.
Fun to play with.
But never turn your back on it.