Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Meanwhile, on one of
George W.'s other internets...


... GOP insiders confuse .com with .org and end up emailing sensitive internal (and possibly illegal) info to a leftwing parody site!

Excerpt:

> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: ardean anvik [mailto:ardeananvik@hotmail.com]
> >Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 12:47 PM
> >To: chrisvance@wsrp.org
> >Subject: Federal Campaign Law
> >
> >
> >Chris,
> >
> >I took the information you gave me regarding usage of County Party
> >assets
> >(e.g. newsletters, phone banks) for federal candidates to my County
> >Central
> >Committee and asked for direction as to accepting ads from campaigns or
> >individuals. I explained the information you had provided. Steve
> >VanDenover, Mason County Chair, asked me to check with other counties as
> >to
> >how they are handling national candidates, such as Nethercutt, Bush and
> >Congressional Candidates. I called a few counties and discussed this
> >issue
> >in detail with the State Committeewoman and Editor of the Skagit County
> >Republican newsletter, Ann Marie Humphreys. She was unaware of the
> >prohibiitions that you had outlined to me for newsletters. IN fact she
> >had
> >an ad for George Bush in her latest Newsletter. I told her what you had
> >
> >explained to me about newsletter prohibitions.
> >
> >May I request that you or someone on your staff send directions
> >regarding
> >what Counties can and cannot do as it pertains to newsletters and phone
> >banks usage for federal candidates. There is a great deal of ignorance
> >out
> >here and many counties are violating the campaign law as I understood it
> >
> >from you. God help us if the Democrats find out. I think we all need
> >direction. Can you help us?
> >
> >Thanks, Chris
> >
> >Ardean A. Anvik
> >State Committeeman, Mason COunty






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home