Friday, July 25, 2008

Are You Worthy Enough To Attend Obama's Denver Speech?



Time for a gut check, Obots.

Want to score one of the tickets to Senator Barack Obama’s speech next month accepting the Democratic nomination in Denver? You won’t have to pay, but you may have to work for it, according to the Obama campaign.

In an interview with The Denver Post, the deputy campaign manager Steve Hildebrand indicated that the price of admission to the speech would be a pledge to volunteer and recruit new voters on behalf of Mr. Obama.

“We’re going to ask those 80,000 people in that stadium to march out of there and go with very specific instructions and goals to register millions of new voters,” Mr. Hildebrand told the newspaper.

Just like a loyalty oath...

Only creepier.

Forget "Yes, We Can!"

Now, it's like "Yes, I Will!"

Remember this scene from Dracula?

MINA: Oh, but I love the fog! I love nights in the fog!

HARKER: But only yesterday you said you were afraid of the
night.

MINA: But darling, I could never have said anything so silly.
I couldn't! I love the night. That's the only time I feel
really alive.

Enter Bat

HARKER: There's that bat again!

MINA: Yes?

HARKER: Look out. He'll get in your hair.

BAT: (squeaks)

MINA: Yes?

HARKER: My, that was a big bat!

BAT: (squeaks)

MINA: I will.

HARKER: You will what?

MINA: Why, I didn't say anything.

HARKER: Yes, you did. You said, "I will."

MINA: Oh, no, I didn't. John, come, sit down.

The Obama "Worthiness Oath" is like that.





Number of days since Donna Brazile promised to leave the party if superdelegates decided the Dem nominee:




Donna has known for a long time now that superdelegates would be necessary for any Dem candidate to win the nomination this year. Ask Donna when she intends to keep her promise.
Don't hold your breath awaiting a reply.



"For the great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are."
-Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)



Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19-- and and

2 Comments:

Blogger Sage said...

None of us are worthy of saint obama....;-)

If you haven't already read He Ventured Forth to Bright light to the world do yourself a favor...it's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

1:03 PM  
Blogger delilahboyd said...

Thanks for the link!

BTW, I love your blog!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home