Saturday, June 26, 2004

Freudian Twit Alert!


I wasn't surprised by former Texas Governor George W. Bush's condescending attitude toward Irish TV news correspondent Carole Coleman during yesterday's historic interview.

Excerpt:
But what Mr Bush has been choking on recently is the gristle of the Irish media. Expecting nothing more than a gentle probing from a friendly state which America "helped" to prosper, he gave the first White House interview to an Irish journalist for 20 years. But the state broadcaster RTE subjected him to a grilling which left him fuming and had media commentators and licence-payers debating the Irish style of journalism.
I was surprised that Mr. Bush was Oh, So Pleased with himself after misquoting scripture! When asked about his "devotion to the Lord, Mr. Bush smiled like a kid who finally knows the answer to a teacher's question and replied:

"I get great substance from my personal relationship (with God)," he said. "That doesn't make me think I'm a better person than you are, by the way, because one of the great admonitions in the good book is, 'Don't try to take a speck out of your eye if I got a log in my own.'"
LINK

Ya gotta love the European press!
No Bushspeak to English for their readers!
What he says is what they print.


As one of Mr. Bush's multitude would say, What the pResident meant to say was...

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Let's recap...

"Don't try to take a speck out of your eye if I got a log in my own."

What does that mean?
My undergraduate Minor in Religion rides again!

The speck and the plank refer to the quantity and quality of sins.
We are instructed NOT to judge another's SINGULAR MINOR transgression if we, ourselves, have committed MULTIPLE MAJOR transgressions.

What the pResident actually said:

Ignore your minor transgression because I've transgressed so much that Beelzebub has a devil set aside for me.

Freud would have a picnic with this guy!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home