Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hastert:: Foley Info Among "just other things that might have affected campaigns"


To the Speaker of the House, Denny "Wrestling Coach" Hastert (R- IL), knowledge of Florida Republican Mark Foley's... er, congressional page predilection... was just another campaign issue.

It really is the cover up, stupid.

CNN Transcript:

REPORTER: Just a few moments ago when I sat down with Speaker Hastert, I asked him the question on the minds of many: what did he know, and when did he know it?

(Video)

HASTERT: First I was really aware of this was last Friday when it happened, and all of a sudden the press came out and said that there were these e-mails that were from 2003, I guess, and congressman Foley resigned. That’s when I learned of it at that point.

REPORTER: All right, but I thought that you were also notified - I mean, Tom Reynolds said that he spoke with you about it last spring.

HASTERT: You know, I don’t recall Reynolds talking to me about that. If he did, he brought it in with a whole stack of things, and I think if he would have had that discussion, he would have said it was also resolved because my understanding now that it was resolved at that point. The family had gotten what it wanted to get.

REPORTER: I mean, Congressman Reynolds put out a statement on Saturday saying that he told you in the spring. Do you think he’s lying?

HASTERT: No, I’m not saying. I just don’t recall him telling me that. If he would have told me that, he would have told me that in the context of maybe a half a dozen or a dozen other things. I don’t remember that.

REPORTER: Other allegations of improper e-mails?

HASTERT: No, just other things that might have affected campaigns.


REPORTER: Ok. This is the kind of thing, I gotta tell you, if somebody told me that a senior congressman was sending, perhaps, over-friendly e-mails to a 16-year-old page, I’d remember.

HASTERT: I’m just saying that I don’t remember him telling me that.

Every time a Republican says "I can't recall," "I don't remember," or "I have no memory of that," don't you automatically think of Nixon and the Watergate hearings defense?

You should.

Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

1 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

did some one slip 'forget drops'in the water up there?
judas priest

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home