Monday, November 13, 2006

Thank Bush! He Let Us Vote Last Week!

At least, that's what he said during his weekly radio address on Sunday:


One freedom that defines our way of life is the freedom to choose our leaders at the ballot box. We saw that freedom earlier this week, when millions of Americans went to the polls to cast their votes for a new Congress. Whatever your opinion of the outcome, all Americans can take pride in the example our democracy sets for the world by holding elections even in a time of war.

Well, I'm off to work in my Victory Garden. Then I have to scavenge for rubber tires, tin cans, and white sheets (to tear into strips for bandages). After that, I have to stand in line for my ration tickets...

While pResident Bush, who sounds like he regrets "allowing" our elections to take place last week, should spend the day scavenging for a clue, instead of meeting with his daddy's friends... You know, the ones who'll try to save his ass from history's impartial pen.

Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

1 Comments:

Blogger longbow said...

I dislike Bush's tone as well. But careful how you critique. I know those are sarcasm quotes around "allowing" but it could also be construed as actual quoting which would be incorrect.

Bush's radio address can be best criticized by referring to Chris Rock's berating of fathers who boast "I take care of MY kids". Rock pummels them "You're *supposed* to take of your kids. Don't go thumping your chest for doing something you're *supposed* to do".

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home