Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tom DeLay: My Adultery Is Better Than Newt's Adultery


File this under: The Bugman Bugs Out Again.

From The New Yorker:

Earlier this year, he (DeLay) published a memoir called “No Retreat, No Surrender” (his spokeswoman says that he was not stealing from Bruce Springsteen, and that the phrase has been used many times throughout history, including by the Spartans and as the title of a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie), in which he claimed that as a young congressman he would on occasion drink ten to twelve Martinis at a time. In this period, he earned the nickname Hot Tub Tom. Then he found Jesus and, he said, stopped sinning. In the book, he freely confesses to committing adultery. “I had put my needs first,” he told me. “I was on the throne, not God. I had pushed God from His throne.”

In the book, DeLay criticizes Gingrich for, among other things, conducting an affair with a Capitol Hill employee during the 1998 impeachment trial of Bill Clinton. (The woman later became Gingrich's third wife.) "Yes, I don't think that Newt could set a high moral standard, a high moral tone, during that moment," DeLay said. "You can't do that if you're keeping secrets about your own adulterous affairs." He added that the impeachment trial was another of his "proudest moments." The difference between his own adultery and Gingrich's, he said, "is that I was no longer committing adultery by that time, the impeachment trial. There's a big difference." He added, "Also, I had returned to Christ and repented my sins by that time."

You gotta love it!

An Adulterous DeLay slams Gingrich's adultery while both of them were slinging impeachment poo against a sitting president for... of course, adultery.

Break out the Scarlet Letters, y'all. Business is booming again in Poo-Slinging Presidential-Wannabe Repubeland.




Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

1 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I like your blog.

Only in Bush's America could two ultra neocons battle over whose adultery is better than the others.

Those Moral Repugs, aren't they sick?

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home