Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Vitter (R, LA) Puts The "Tit" in "Sanctity"


Gay marriage hater/DC Madam client David Vitter (R, LA) had this to say about his "youthful indiscretion":

"This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said in the statement. "Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there — with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way."

Pardon me while I puke.

"Several years ago," Vitter was a US Representative (1999-2004).

In case you don't know Vitter...

New Orleans Wasn't As Bad As You Thought It Was!

In the wake of 2005's Hurricane Katrina, while New Orleans' flood levels were still rising in all areas, Vitter made an inaccurate statement that received notable media attention.

"In the metropolitan area in general, in the huge majority of areas, it's not rising at all. It's the same or it may be lowering slightly. In some parts of New Orleans, because of the 17th Street breach, it may be rising and that seemed to be the case in parts of downtown. I don't want to alarm everybody that, you know, New Orleans is filling up like a bowl. That's just not happening," said Vitter on August 30.

Gay Marriage Is Worse Than Katrina?
In June 2006, in line with several of his Republican colleagues in the Senate, Vitter came out strongly in favor of amending the U.S. Constitution to ban same sex marriages. He said, "I don't believe there's any issue that's more important than this one ... I think this debate is very healthy, and it's winning a lot of hearts and minds. I think we're going to show real progress."[3]

At a Lafayette Parish Republican Executive Committee luncheon, Vitter also compared gay marriage to hurricanes Katrina and Rita, stating, "It's the crossroads where Katrina meets Rita. I always knew I was against same-sex unions."

OK. If Republicans want to play the "it's a private family matter" game, it's my turn...

What will we tell the children about you, Vitter?


Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home