Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Skube You!


Michael Skube doesn't want bloggers to go away mad. He just wants them to go away.

Why? Because bloggers "don't conform" to the required journalistic process of fat-checking and editing prior to publication.

Riddle me this, Skube:

In 2006 you wrote this in the freakin' Washington Post:

I suspect they would have understood the point I tried unsuccessfully to make once when I quoted Joseph Pulitzer to my students. It is journalism's job, he said, to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. Too obvious, you think? I might have thought so myself -- if the words "afflicted" and "afflict" hadn't stumped the whole class.

Ahem.

You did a piss poor job "fact-checking" that quote, and...

Your WaPo editor(s) failed big time when they let you look stupid in print.

It wasn't Pulitzer, asshat.

It was Finley Peter Dunne.

So get down off your cross, Skube.

Somebody needs the wood.




Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home