Sunday, August 15, 2004

Hey, America!
Are You Proud Of This?

The World Weeps For Us...


If a construction worker has got more money in his pocket, he's going to demand an additional good or a service. And when they demand that additional good or a service, somebody has to produce the good or a service. And when somebody produces a good or a service, somebody is more likely to keep a job or find work.

-- Dubya throws construction workers into the mix this time in another repeat offense offering, Las Vegas, Nevada, Aug. 12, 2004


***

Now, my opponent is trying to turn Yucca Mountain into a political poker chip. He says he's strongly against yucca here in Nevada

-- Or something like that... Las Vegas, Nevada, Aug. 12, 2004


***

Saddam Hussein paid the families of suiciders.

-- He absolutely refuses to give up on using this term, even after using it as many times as he has, Las Vegas, Nevada, Aug. 12, 2004

***

You know what else I think? You know what else I think when they say, tax the rich? Most rich people are able to avoid taxes, and if you can't raise enough money from taxing the rich, guess who pays the taxes? Yes, you do.

-- Dubya explains his tax priorities by portraying the concept of taxing the rich as a pipe dream. I guess we might as well drop their rate to 0%. Albuquerque, New Mexico, Aug. 11, 2004

***

Let me talk about marriage, traditional marriage. First of all, I believe our society is better off when marriage is defined as between a man and a woman. It's my belief. And finally, let me encourage everybody, as we debate this issue, to do so with the utmost of respect. I mean, this is a issue that requires thoughtful dialogue. It's a serious issue. And it's one that -- I hope we can have a debate in a way that is uplifting and not tearing people down on either side of the issue. And I will pledge to you -- I will -- I will do my very best to bring a thoughtful dialogue on this vital issue. And so what I'll do the next four years is continue to state what I believe. I'm not going to change my beliefs just because there's been an election.

Gee, kinda sounds like the debate is over for Dubya, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Aug. 11, 2004


***

That's why you've got to be careful about this rhetoric, we're only going to tax the rich. You know who the -- the rich in America happen to be the small business owners. That's what that means.

-- What? Annandale, Virginia, Aug. 9, 2004 LINK




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home