Thursday, August 12, 2004

Random Thoughts Thursday


These statements would never have been uttered unless the speakers knew what people were really thinking about them:

John Wayne- "I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves."

Lee Iacocca- "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"

General William Westmoreland, during the war in Viet Nam- "Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind."

Richard Nixon- "I am not a crook!"

Fredo Corleone- "I'm not dumb! I'm smart! Not like everybody says!"

Colonel Oliver North- "I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version."

George W. Bush- "I know what I'm doing." LINK

So... Some poor schmuck had to break the bad news to George W. that "some people" thought he wasn't quite up to snuff.

That would be tantamount to explaining to the hole what that huge, surrounding donut thing is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home