Sunday, March 27, 2005

Today's Sermon: Resurrection Rag


Osiris Jesus Is Risen!

The resurrection story is as old as the hills.

Every Spring, dead branches sprout buds.

A new generation of Spring lambs dots the pastoral landscape (and our Easter Luncheon tables).

And humans want to believe that resurrection is possible.

Each generation, at some point, comes to realize that human life is finite.

But folks still want to believe.

What you want and what you get are two different things!

For example...

A Tisket, A Tasket

Here' What I Want
In My Easter Basket...

Good chocolate...

Now, this is an Easter egg!




Yum! Belgian chocolate!


If I can't have the world's largest Belgian chocolate Easter Egg, I'll settle for...




THUS ENDETH TODAY'S SERMON.

Go forth and eat candy, dress in pastels (if you must), and celebrate the life you have...

And live it like it's the only one you'll have.

I mean it, damn it!


Happy Fertile Rabbit Day!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home