Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Is The Taxman Targeting
Rush Limbaugh?


According to yesterday's Rush-On-A-Rant transcript, it sure reads that way!

Fed Up with All the Phonies

April 12, 2005

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I promised everybody yesterday I would turn on the Dittocam during a portion of the program today. I will honor that request, but I make no guarantees of what you will see. I am angrier today, and I can't tell you why. I just want to tell you I'm mad. I had to deal with some things for four hours last night and I'm not going to whine about it. I'm just going to tell you: I have been angrier than I was and still am last night in years. I cannot tell you how angry, and everything that's happened this morning is just irritating the absolute living daylights out of me and I'm just about ready to chuck all this and head to some island, get everybody's hands out of my back pocket as soon as I frigging can because I have had it. I've had it with the state of New York. I've had it with the federal government. I've had it with everybody with their hands in my back pocket wanting this and wanting that. Nothing is ever enough for anybody and it's not worth it. At some point you just decide it isn't worth it and let people fend for themselves. I have just about had it dealing with these people, these little Nazis that run around and claim that I live someplace that I don't and want to extract multiple millions of dollars in taxes in a place I don't even live, and I've just had it! I've just literally had it with all of this stuff, and I'm not going to say anything more about it, but I just want you to know that I'm still fuming and anything that irritates me in the slightest bit reminds me how mad I was last night and still am today, and it just frosts me, and when I couple it with all of this rigmarole I hear from the liberals in this country about (sigh) taxes and who's not paying their fair share and stuff, it just makes me boiling mad with livid rage.

Okay. I wanted to share some of this with you, but none of the details because they say that blowing off steam is somewhat helpful. I'm not bleeding on you people. I'm not whining and moaning. I am explaining what may be an attitude that you will hear today because I tell you I'm getting fed up with so much. I'm getting fed up with so many people like Rick Santorum who is a conservative one day, decides he wants to be president and then starts moving to the center. I'm fed up with people like Christopher Shays. I'm fed up with this attack on Tom DeLay. He's not done one damn thing. There's no charge. He's not guilty of anything! I'm fed up with phony baloney, plastic-banana, good-time rock and roller so-called moderate wimps like Chris Shays and all these other clowns that are going after Tom DeLay simply because he's effective. I'm fed up with our side that doesn't stand up for our people. I'm fed up with our guys that don't advance our agenda because they're scared. I'm sick and tired of people that are fearful of every damn thing. I'm sick and tired of phonies that live their lives only to get media coverage instead of be real. I'm sick and tired of... I can't find people who are real to hang around. All I get is a bunch of phonies that want to use me or find a way to use me to get their names out there, make themselves famous or what have you in the meantime I'm trying to get things done here and everybody else is playing a game and I don't like the game. I hate the game. I'm into reality. I just can't deal with the phoniness of it. I can't deal. You know, I've talked to a lot of people who have gotten out of politics for the same reason. They find they can't deal with it anymore. They can't deal with the lack of sincerity they run into in people who are in politics, and I understand the needs to go out and get votes and expand and mix coalitions and constituency groups and this sort of thing, but I've always believed: Do the right thing and the politics will follow.
LINK

If that's not total meltdown, paralyizing fear that The Taxman Cometh and he's sportin' subpoenas, I don't know what is.

Vanity.

Still my favorite sin.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home