Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mowing Down Crosses
For George W. Vacation Boy?


Last night in Crawford, a man stopped his pickup truck down the road from Camp Casey (where Cindy Sheehan and many others are waiting for George W. Bush to define the term "noble cause"), attached a bar to the truck's undercarriage, and proceeded to mow down the white crosses lining the ditch, each of which represents a fallen soldier.




If the medium is, indeed, the message...

What in the holy hell was this wingnut pickup truck driver trying to say?

"Crosses are bad?"

"Don't honor our war dead?"

"I hate Jesus?"

"George W. Bush's vacation is more important than fallen soldiers?"

"Don't you dare question W?"

I'm at a loss here, folks.

If this stunt was designed to intimidate a grieving mother...

This is a hate crime. Pure and simple.

The sheriff arrested the cross destroyer, but will he be charged appropriately?

I have to cling to the hope that justice is possible...

Otherwise, what the fuck are we the people all about?

Heaviest of sighs.


File this under:


1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Wetzel said...

I'm repeating, again and again:

I WILL be strong.

I will be honest.

I will NOT steal the name "George W. Vacation Boy" from this blog.

Very, very good! My congratulations to you for thinking that one up. Highly apt.

(I'm also trying very hard to resist stealing the Poor Man's name for Bush's vacation paradise: the "Neverland Ranch.")

Good blog.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home