Friday, January 06, 2006

This Week's
Backside Of The Bell Curve

Winner!

Mean
"That war hero's a coward!"
Jean
"OK, I take that back. Sort of-- but not really"
Schmidt




Here's the oath of office Jean Schmidt took:

I, Loyal Citizen of the Republic, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

At her local "Let's pretend to have coffee" Meet & Greet, US Rep. Jean Schmidt (R, West Oz) responded to a constituent who asked, "What, if any, do you believe are the limits of Presidential power in wartime and what is you duty as a member of Congress if those limits have been exceeded?"

Here's Mean Jean's answer:

"Wow! That's a big question...privacy rights...we're at war...suspending the Constitution is sometimes necessary...if someone is going to attack us, we should know that and go after them..."

And her flying monkeys in the audience applauded.

I kid you not. She really said that.

In my opinion, Jean Schmidt is almost as bright as a 2 watt bulb.

But even her obviously diminished intellectual ability can never excuse such a blatant disregard for the US Constitution.


File this under:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home