Monday, May 22, 2006

Fascist Fundies v TV Cook, Paula Deen: Don't Apologize For Being Human, Paula!

Dear Paula,

These nuts (and I don't mean the kind you use for baking) have been gunning for you since you cooked for Jimmy Carter.

Food TV has deleted the original post these comments address, but anyone with half a brain can figure out how rude it must have been by merely reading the reactions:

Disappointed by Paula
05/21/2006 at 09:00am
User: Anonymous User Rating: [1 star]
I watched the breakfast in bed episode also and I agree with the previous poster, keep your personal life private. I'm disappointed by your moral standards! I love your show but you blew it this time.

disappointed IN BREAKFAST IN BED

05/20/2006 at 07:50pm
User: mary from tyler, TX User Rating: [1 star]
I WAS VERY UPSET THAT PAULA WOULD ANNOUNCE TO THE WORLD THAT SHE AND MICHAEL SHARED A NITE TOGHTER BEFORE THEY WERE MARRIED. THAT IS NOT THE KIND OF NEWS THAT CATCHES FANS. SOME OF HAVE HIGHER MORAL STANDARDS. WHAT YOU DO INYOUR PRIVATE LIFE SHOULD STAY PRIVATE. PAULA SHAME ON YOU. I WATCH THE BREAKFAST IN BED SHOW ON MAY 20.

Paula, Honey, I've been to your restaurant in Savannah, where I bought your Body By The Lady & Sons T-Shirt and witnessed first-hand the thousands of fans waiting all day to taste your food.

Whatever you do, Paula, DON'T APOLOGIZE TO THESE FASCIST FUNDIES! Don't turn the damned clock back to those not-so Happy Days when women were forced to labor in the kitchen (what you choose to do) without the benefit of a business plan or a tax accountant. Trust, me, Paula. Every single one of these prune-faced, uptight women would knife you in the back in a heartbeat if they thought they could take your place tomorrow.

You are a national treasure, Paula. You've inspired an entire generation of young cooks (including my daughter) to use their pizza money for fresh ingredients and spend some quality time in the kitchen. Don't give those nuts an inch, Paula.

I mean it, damn it!

Respectfully,

Delilah Boyd


So you think you know Delilah?
Judges 16:19--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home