Thursday, March 06, 2008

Michelle Obama wants To Meet Me! Bring It, Ms. O!


Those of you who read this blog regularly know that I champion "uppity" women and uppity men, especially the ones who're supposed to know their places and stay in them... not.

So, I have no problem with the "outspoken" Michelle Obama when she speaks her mind.

I do, however, have a problem when Ms. O denies the 22 million new jobs created, the lower rates in crime and poverty sustained, and the general sense of "things are getting better" we all felt during the 1990's Clinton presidency.

“For me,” she said, “you can talk about policies and plans and experience and all that. We usually get bogged down in that in a Presidential campaign, over the stuff that I think doesn’t matter. . . . I mean, I guess I could go into Barack’s policies and rattle them off. But that’s what he’s for.” In Cheraw, Obama belittled the idea that the Clinton years were ones of opportunity and prosperity: “The life that I’m talking about that most people are living has gotten progressively worse since I was a little girl. . . . So if you want to pretend like there was some point over the last couple of decades when your lives were easy, I want to meet you!"

When should I expect you, Ms. Obama?

I taught high school French and German during those years, and it was the only time I felt appreciated by the school district.

The only time I had real job security and wouldn't have to fall back on that English certification to keep my job.

The only time I felt like I was truly living the American dream.

Let me know when you're coming, Ms. Obama.

I'll bake a cake. As for the topic of conversation... You'd better bring it 'cause I'm ready and waiting.



Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19-- and and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home