Thursday, May 26, 2005

Happy Birthday To My Blog!


One year ago today, I found blogger.com and created this blog.



Growing up, I never took my mother's advice about the importance of keeping a diary. I was too busy trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and defining what I believed in to bother with Dear Diary entries.

Today, I have 365 bits and pieces of online diatribe, which can be printed and bound...

A bit of evidence that I did, in fact have something snarky to say about society, politics, and the state of the human condition during my lifetime.

Go ahead. Click that "Get Your Own Blog" box at the top of this page and just start typing. You'll be glad you did! Then, when you read something Pure D weird, like this, you can shout its weirdness to the world...

Suspicious package was fake foot-long plastic penis

By SARAH LUNDY
SLUNDY@NEWS-PRESS.COM

The "“suspicious package" that caused Interstate 75 and Daniels Parkway to be shut for more than an hour Monday was not an explosive pipe bomb but rather wrapped-up plastic foot-long penis.

"Someone took construction-grade plastic, molded it into a penis and wrapped it with duct tape," said Lee County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante.

"They wrote 'Happy Father'’s Day' on the duct tape."” --snip--

A motorist called the Lee County Sheriff's Office Monday shortly after 3 p.m. about a suspicious package on the side of the road under the northbound Interstate 75 overpass.

The cylinder was more than a foot long in a plastic bag and wrapped with duct tape. It looked like pipe bomb and was in a position that could cause structural damage.

Deputies arrived and alerted the bomb squad, which used a robot to disable the cylinder. LINK

A better headline for this story...

Bomb Squad Disables Giant Penis

Now, doesn't that make you want to just blog?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home