Monday, June 26, 2006

Kiss My Grits, Peckerwoods!

Y'all wonna see sumpin Pure D dumb? Pull uppa chayer un take yorself uh gander at this...

The author of what has been described as the definitive dictionary of slang is gobsmacked, gutted, throwing up bunches, honked, hipped and jacked like a cock-maggot in a sink-hole. A North Carolina school district has banned the dictionary under pressure from one of a growing number of conservative Christian groups using the internet to encourage school book bans across the US. More, including several books on the burn banning list.

I'll juss swan! Lawsy, them young uns's gonna git 'em selfs some good ol' upstandin' book learnin' now.

I once had the "awl" in my car changed in North Carolina. Being a native Texan, I was able to understand the vernacular; however, I would neither consider the pronunciation of nomenclature (pee can pie, scrambled aygs) used predominantly in North Carolina as standard English nor as one whit better than any other region or culture's... er, slang.

Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home