Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bush: "Hey, Terrorists! We're Vulnerable Every Sunday!"

Today's snarky sermon on the blog is brought to you by BushCo, the US presidential administration corporation, whose work ethic motto is Never On Sunday!

From the milquetoast meet & greet featuring Larry King, Laura, and George W.:

G. BUSH: Every day -- well, everyday I think about al Qaida. Every day I think about protecting this country. I mean, every day. The thought has not -- the thought has entered my mind and I think about it and talk to people about it and strategize about it every day.

KING: Obsessed with it.

G. BUSH: No. Well, in a way I guess you could say obsessed, but obsession is the wrong word. Doing my duty. That's what the American people expect. They expect this government to protect them and so long as there's an enemy lurking out there, I'm going to -- I'm going to talk to people, work with people. I have an intel briefing every morning except for Sunday.

That's right, folks. Your president just told terrorist wannabes everywhere that The United States Of America is vulnerable each and every Sunday.

Thus Endeth Today's Sermon.

Go forth today and question the commitment of your president to protect you, when he admits that he ignores your fear of terrorists at least one day each week.

Just think. BushCo sells fear. BushCo wants every American to live in a constant state of fear. BushCo wants you to wake up afraid and go to bed afraid. But don't bother him on Sundays.

Like God and prostitutes, Sunday is George W.'s Day of rest.

Never On Sunday? Hm. it's obvious that Bush has more in common with the prostitute than with God.

You have a right to know when "Never On Sunday" is more than just a movie title to your president; it's a friggin' excuse to take the day off.

I mean it, damn it!

Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home