Thursday, October 25, 2007

What Does God Need With A Baseball Team?



Seriously, what's up with this?


...the Rockies received a $161 million subsidy from Colorado taxpayers to build Coors Field, which opened in 1995. It’s doubtful those taxpayers knew they were supporting a private organization whose membership would be restricted to Christian extremists.

Or with this?


San Francisco Giants first baseman-outfielder Mark Sweeney, who spent 2003 and 2004 with the Rockies, said, "You wonder if some people are going along with it just to keep their jobs. Look, I pray every day. I have faith. It's always been part of my life. But I don't want something forced on me. Do they really have to check to see whether I have a Playboy in my locker?"

Alas, it must be attitudes like Sweeney's that caused God to abandon the team last night. Maybe, just maybe, if they pray hard enough, they can win one for the Jahweh- ster before The World Series ends.



Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home