Saturday, March 12, 2005

Something To Be
Pollyanna Glad
About Today


Regular readers know that I frequently use the phrase I'm Pollyanna Glad, alluding to the literary character Pollyanna, who could always find something to be glad about.




For example, when her missionary parents couldn't afford a doll and Pollyanna got a pair of crutches, she was glad that she didn't have to use them.

I know it's sappy.

Anyway, I just found this...






If I could fit the code into my sidebar, I'd give it a permanent home there!

The folks who created The Official George W. Bush "Days Left In Office" Countdown Clock also sell a keychain version...



* Key ring and battery included
* Smaller than a credit card
* Weighs less than 1.5 ounces
* A portion of profits will be donated to MoveOn.org


$8.95 (Plus $1 Shipping)


Hm.

I just might have to buy me one of those!

Also from the site...

The Top Ten Reasons For Buying The Keychain:

1. You'll never again be mistaken as a Republican
2. Wearing one around your neck keeps Republicans away and smells much better than garlic
3. You can attach a magnet or a sticker to the back of it and hang it anywhere you damn well please!
4. Carrying a BackwardsBush keychain will make it much easier on the Secret Service to identify you when they break into your house in the middle of the night to take you to Guantanimo
5. It was the hottest accessory during Fashion Week here in New York City last month
6. It's worth it just to see how pissed off Republicans get when they see it
7. Purchasing a BackwardsBush keychain instantly qualifies you for "Enemy Combatant" status
8. You might as well spend your money on a keychain now, because once social security gets privatized, you won't have any left!!!
9. When burned for fuel, adds only slightly more pollution to the atmosphere than a gallon of crude oil
10. Because you know you want one!

Yep.

I'm Pollyanna Glad that I found that website!

Now, if I could just shake off the nagging fear that a worse smarter Republican will cheat his/her way into the White House in 1409 days!

Heavy sigh.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home