Monday, March 20, 2006

Whiny Children Grow Up To Be Republicans

Like we didn't already know this?

How to spot a baby conservative
KID POLITICS | Whiny children, claims a new study, tend to grow up rigid and traditional. Future liberals, on the other hand ...
Mar. 19, 2006. 10:45 AM
KURT KLEINER
SPECIAL TO THE STAR


Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints? Chances are he grew up to be a conservative.

At least, he did if he was one of 95 kids from the Berkeley area that social scientists have been tracking for the last 20 years. The confident, resilient, self-reliant kids mostly grew up to be liberals.
Imagine the mixed message that Baby BushBots have to contend with when exposed to the teachings of Jesus (Love they neighbor), the rules of pre-school social skills training (Share and share alike). Then imagine the Hate gays, Hate minorities, hate the children of liberals, and Hate anyone who makes better grades than you do lessons from parents and relatives.

Wouldn't you whine, too?

You've got to be carefully taught.


So you think you know Delilah?
Judges 16:19--

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Interesting study. But as the author of the study himself points out later in Kleiner's story, liberal Berkeley is not representative of the United States as a whole. But this article raises some interesting issues. Thanks for posting it.

AC

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conservatives are the whinyest people I know. They complain about imagined persecution and project their weaknesses onto everyone around them.

Personaly, I think the word "whiny" is a euphamism the scientists used for "Asshole."

If your kid is an Asshole growing up, he'll probably be a Republican.

8:45 AM  
Blogger C said...

"Personaly, I think the word "whiny" is a euphamism the scientists used for "Asshole.""

Ha!

Very interesting article. I did find that as I discovered my spiritual gifts being mercy and grace, the less I stopped blindly following the majority of my denomination and was drawn to the democratic party. I'm still in limbo, while not calling myself an independent. I just have a hard time fitting fully into any mold.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Makes good sense to me.

Two comments in one - I must see V for Vendetta sometime.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

paul-v wrote:

Conservatives are the whinyest people I know. They complain about imagined persecution and project their weaknesses onto everyone around them.

Whine, whine, grumble, grumble...

I duly note the irony of paul's comments.

AC

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home