Today's Sermon: And On The Eighth Day...
... the god of Abraham, apparently, created space aliens and just neglected to tell anyone about it.
Good news for Agent Scully. The Vatican's top astronomer says it's OK to believe in life on other planets.
As ''X-Files'' aficionados know, Scully is the skeptical half of the FBI team that investigates alien abductions and other paranormal events. She is also Catholic, a faith that holds man is created in God's image and is, presumably, unique in the universe.
But in an interview published Tuesday in the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes says rejecting the notion of extraterrestrial life outright would mean ''putting limits on God's creative freedom.''
In files released yesterday, Britain's Ministry of Defense has dismissed 90% of UFO reports as having mundane explanations, and has given the other 10% a big, fat question mark.
As for the Catholic community, well, there's now some good news.
The Vatican's top astronomer, and scientific adviser to The Pope is now saying that it's OK to believe in space aliens.
Conclusion: As long as these aliens aren't gay, it's now OK for Catholics to encounter them.
Thus endeth today's sermon.
Go forth today and consider not just this truly historic Vatican statement of belief in the possibility of space aliens... But also consider the fact that The Pope has an official astronomer/science advisor.
Proving, once again: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Just think about it.
I mean it, damn it!
Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19-- And she made him (Samson) sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head.