Monday, August 22, 2005

What Fresh hell Is This?

It's Dorothy Parker's birthday.

So what?

It's also my birthday.

Yes, I share my birthday with the goddess of grump.


I know there was something,
something pretty terrible, too.
Not just plain terrible.
This was fancy terrible;
this was terrible with raisins in it.
Ah, yes. I have it.
This is my birthday.

Dorothy Parker

Happy Birthday to us!


Blogger Bartleby said...

What?? Your birthday is 22 August???

No way! Why, MY birthday is 22 August! And it would obviously be far too mauch of a coincidence if we had the same birthday. After all, there'd have to be 365.26 people in the world before I would expect to share a birthday with anyone!

Oh, wait. I guess there's a lot more of us than that, even. So, no big surprise, I guess. "Never mind!"

Besides, let's talk birth DATES. My original August 22 occurred in 1954. Thus, you're bound to be a newbie. Probably about one-third my age. You young whippersnapper, you!

Anyway: happy birthday to us!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home