Monday, July 17, 2006

Bush Talks With Mouth Full, Wants "Syria To Get Hezbollah To Stop Doing This Shit"

Update #2: The Transcript

Bush to Putin: I gotta leave by 2:15. They want me out of town so they can free up your security forces.

No, just going to make it up. I'm not going to talk too long like the rest of them. Some of these guys talk too long.

Gotta go home. Got something to do tonight. How about you? Where are you going home? This is your neighborhood doesn't take you long to get home.

You eight hours? Me too. Russia's a big country and you'’re a big country. Takes him eight hours to fly home. Not Coke, diet Coke. Russia'’s big and so is China.

Yo, Blair. What are you doing? Are you leaving?

Blair: No, not yet. On this trade thing…

Bush: Yeah, I told that to (inaudible). If you want me to. I just want some movement. Yesterday I didn't see much movement. The desire to move.

Blair: It may be that it'’s impossible.

Bush: I'll be glad to say. Who's introducing me?

Blair: Angela

Bush: Well tell her to call on it. Well, tell her to put me on the spot.

Thanks for the sweater; it was awfully thoughtful of you. I know you picked it out yourself.

Blair: Oh, absolutely!

What about Kofi Annan? I don't like the sequence of it. His attitude is basically cease-fire and everything else happens.

I think the thing that is really difficult is you can't stop this unless you get this international presence agreed.

Bush: She's going. I think Condi's going to go pretty soon.

Blair: Well that's all that matters. If you see, it will take some time to get out of there. But at least it gives people…

Bush: It's a process I agree. I told her your offer too.

Blair: Well it's only or if she's gonna or if she needs the ground prepared as it were. See if she goes out, she's got to succeed as it were, where as I can just go out and talk.

Bush: See the irony is what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s--- and it's over.

Blair: Because I think this is all part of the same thing. What does he think? He thinks if Lebanon turns out fine, if he gets a solution in Israel and Palestine, Iraq goes in the right way, he's done it. That's what this whole things about. It's the same with Iran.

Bush: I felt like telling Kofi to get on the phone with Assad and make something happen. We're not blaming Israel and we're not blaming the Lebanese government.


Still wondering who "they" are, and now wondering who "he" is.

The saddest part: Bush remarking that G8 leaders "talk too long."


Update: Bush's generic "They" reference evidently includes The United Nations and Kofi Annan:

"See the irony is that what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this (expletive) and it's over," Bush told Blair in a discussion before the Group of Eight leaders began their lunch.

Bush also suggested that Annan call Syrian President Bashar Assad to "make something happen."



Who the holy hell are "they" and why are "they" in charge of US Middle East foreign policy?

Next question: "What they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit, and it's over" is a humiliating example of how not to lead the free world, isn't it?

Last question: Get Syria to control Hezbollah? That's our official position on the current ME crisis?

Truly heavy sigh.

Bush caught on open microphone

Agence France-Presse
Last updated 05:28pm (Mla time) 07/17/2006

SAINT PETERSBURG -- US President George W. Bush, caught on an open microphone at a summit here, said Monday that a key to defusing the Middle East crisis was for "Hezbollah to stop doing this shit."

"What they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit, and it's over," Bush told British Prime Minister Tony Blair at a leaders' lunch at the Group of Eight industrial countries gathering here.

The president was on camera but apparently unaware that his words were being captured by a microphone. It was unclear who 'they' were.


They? Funny, I thought the Bush administration was "they," didn't you?


Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a t-shirt with "Hezbollah: Stop doin' that shit" on it. Ideally one side Arabic, the other side English. I promise to buy the first one I can get my hands on.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home