Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Lieberman Loses

Here's a Lieberman blast from the past, courtesy of My Left Nutmeg:

Still, another Democratic senator who did not want to be identified said that given Mr. Lieberman's popularity at home, the agitation about a primary challenge was something less than a meaningful threat. "Is it serious? No?" the senator said. "Is it an annoyance? Yes."

Mr. Lieberman said he was not worried about the phone calls and blogs. He added that his views had not changed. "In part, those folks are angry with me because of my position on the war," he said. "I wish they would come to talk to me about what my position is on Social Security."

For anyone questioning his party affiliation, Mr. Lieberman said, "I am proud to be a member of the Democratic Party and I intend to stay that way."

Lieberman said that way back in 2005.

Today...

Lieberman concedes to Lamont, vows to run in November

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Sen. Joseph Lieberman conceded to anti-war cable executive Ned Lamont in the Democratic primary for the Connecticut Senate nomination Tuesday night but vowed to run as an "independent Democrat" this fall.

You lost every county except New Haven, Joe.

And there's no such thing as an "independent democrat." You're either a Democrat, or you're not.

Best bar bet in the world: Delilah didn't do it.
Judges 16:19--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home