Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Graven Image For Governor?
I'll Donate A Penny!


I'm loving this news! Remember Roy Moore, the Alabama chief justice who so loved his graven image that he willingly subverted the US Constitution to impress his "Jesus is our pal" followers? He's running for governor.

Roy Moore running for governor

GADSDEN, Ala. The man who lost his job as Alabama chief justice in a Ten Commandments controversy is running for governor.
Roy Moore became a hero to the Christian right when he refused to remove a monument of the Ten Commandments from the courthouse.

He announced today that he'll run for governor next year.

That could set up a showdown with fellow Republican Bob Riley, the incumbent governor. And it could make the Ten Commandments dispute a central campaign issue.

I plan to send a check for $00.01 to Judge Roy's campaign. This plan may sound flaky and irrelevant, but here's the deal... I've worked on political campaigns, and I know how each and every donation is recorded, reported, and scrutinized by the other side. For example, if you wander into your local campaign headquarters and "buy" a bumper sticker or a campaign button for a dollar, the paperwork involved takes quite a bit of volunteered time (What am I saying? Most Republican staffers are paid to handle donation transactions), which could otherwise be spent on more pressing priorities.

Consequently, I will enjoy knowing that my penny donation will cost Judge Roy much, much more in the long run.
Hell, my donation should merit my addition to his expensive Republican campaign literature mailing list.

Pass the popcorn.


This race could be the comic relief in an otherwise nail-biting election season!



File this under:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home